Our Chapman Valley Agricultural Society Inc show is held in wide open rural space with trees, birds, natural surrounds with no modern halls or green lawns, with easy access, all one level and the closest show to Geraldton.
There is something for everyone and this is why people are attracted to Chapman Valley in the first place.
Whether it is coming to see:
- The vintage cars
- Ride on a camel
- Touch and hold farm & small animals
- Watch and learn about shearing
- Sideshow alley
- Ferris wheel
- Chapman Valley Historical Society Inc museum
- Sit in a tractor for the first time
- Buy fresh produce
- Fashion parade
- Out in the sunshine away from suburbia
- Fairy floss
- Potted Plants
- Official opening of our annual show
- Grandparents & parents with young children
- Whole family day out
- Homemade morning & afternoon tea
- Grain and fodder
- Face painting
- Home brew competition
- Show bags, bumper cars, rides, toys
- Presentation of special trophies
- Lavender Valley Farm
- Various freshly prepared lunches
- Chapman Valley Honey
- Locally grown trees & seedlings
- Olive Oil
- Many stalls
- Supporting local businesses, schools & sporting organisations
- Shearing – Valley Shears Competition
- Burnt Barrel BrewBQ
- Freshly cooked cakes, muffins & biscuits
- Cut flowers
- Greenough Western Riding Club Inc. Statewide Cutting & Western Shows
- Midwest Poultry Club Inc.
- Venturers & Rovers Scouts
- Poster competitions
- Homemade burgers from Chapman Valley Primary School P & C
Students school work is shown to everyone outside their school in the Midwest region. There is nowhere else where students have a great opportunity not only to show everyone what they can do and the school they attend, but also showcase what regional schooling is all about!!!!
There is a lot of work involved but at the end of the day this is a day for all our children who live in rural areas.
There is nothing more special than seeing a Pre-primary to Year 6 student from Chapman Valley Primary School, Yuna Primary School or one of a number of the Geraldton schools bringing their family members out from Geraldton (some for the first time) and surrounding areas to our show for the day ….. just to say “look Nan, Pop, Mum, Dad, brother or sister “look what I have done!!”.
All these educational items have been proudly displayed at the Chapman Valley Agricultural Society Inc. Show and in turn these families support all of us, whether it is a school, sporting club or local business by buying morning tea, lunch, show bags, drinks, fresh produce, afternoon teas or homemade product.
Yes there is 12 months of hard work with a dedicated group of volunteer committee members, but after all we should all be helping to make our annual Chapman Valley Agricultural Society Inc. Show “The Best in the Midwest”.