Regulations and Conditions
- In the event of there being no competition in any class, a prize shall be awarded if the entry is suitable for the class in which it is entered. The judge may award a second instead of a first.
- In the event of a tie in points for trophy winner, the winner shall be decided on a count back of the most first place wins. If equal, the exhibitor who has entered the most entries in that section. If this is also the same, the exhibitor with the best and most difficult piece entered will be the winner at the judges discretion.
- In the event of there being only two entries in any class, the judge may award first and second prize if the exhibits are of a sufficiently high standard.
- All exhibits MUST BE the property of the exhibitor and all produce must be made or grown by the exhibitor, and no exhibit can be entered in more than one class.
- Exhibitors must adhere to numbers and colours stipulated in the Schedule.
- All entries for Exhibition Hall will be judged on the Friday afternoon ready for Saturday open day.
- All exhibits must be nominated by Tuesday 30th August 2022 at 5pm. An entry will only be confirmed upon payment prior to judging. NO MONEY/FORM = NO ENTRY INTO SECTION. **Please note Photography rules are different*
- Should an entry be nominated and paid for but not entered, the monies shall be forfeited as a donation to the Society.
- Please refer directly to specific Sections for receival requirements/times of exhibits by Stewards.
- Any exhibit of livestock or poultry with vermin or any other undesirable features will be rejected and must be immediately removed from the Showgrounds.
- Admission to Show including exhibitors, competitors, volunteers, employees, entertainment will be charged at the entry price.
- Membership Fees as set each year at the CVAS Annual General Meeting.
- Every reasonable care will be taken of exhibits, but no responsibility will be accepted by the Society.
- In the event of any dispute as to the interpretation of the foregoing rules and regulations, same shall be determined by the Committee.
- In all Sections the judge has the power to change an exhibit to another class, if in their opinion it has not been entered in the right class.
- The Society will be under no liability for any loss or damage sustained by an exhibitor in respect of any property exhibited by them, whether caused by or attributed to the negligence of the Society or any of its servants or otherwise whatsoever.
- The Society will not be responsible for any accident that may be caused through or by an exhibit or exhibitor, and it shall be a condition of entry that each exhibitor shall hold the Society blameless and indemnified against any legal proceedings arising from any such accident.
- Only exhibitors will be permitted to enter the Exhibition Hall prior to judging and children will not be permitted unless accompanied by exhibitors. All exhibitors must leave the hall after the delivery of exhibits to stewards.
- a) All entries are received subject to these Show Regulations and By-laws made under the Royal Agricultural Society Act, 1926; b) the Society may refuse any entry without giving any reason thereof; c) the Committee may at any time disqualify from exhibition either indefinitely or for such period as it may think fit, any exhibitor who has in the conduct, whether at or during any Show of the Society, has in the opinion of the Committee been such that he is is unfit to exhibit at and Show of the Society; d) no person who has been disqualified from exhibiting at any Show of the Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia, Incorporated, or any Show of any Society affiliated therewith, shall during the period of disqualification be allowed to act as agent, representative or servant of any exhibitor at any Show of the Society; e) livestock which has been exhibited at any unregistered Show shall be disqualified for competing at any Show of the Society and the exhibitor of such stock shall also be disqualified; f) during the period of disqualification no entry will be received from any person disqualified by the Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia, Incorporated, or by a Society affiliated therewith, and should an entry be accidently accepted it shall be deemed to be void and the entry fee will be returned.
- Prize money shall be available from 10am on Show Day, from the Office.
- All classes open to professionals and amateurs, unless otherwise stated.
- NO DOGS PERMITTED AT SHOWGROUNDS.
Duties of Section Leaders and Stewards
- Shall make themselves conversant with their respective duties prior to Show Day and be on time for any duties required.
- Shall attend to the reception, classification and placing of all exhibits and any other matter having reference thereto.
- Shall wait upon the Judges and afford them all information and attention necessary.
- Shall arrange among themselves for the consultant and effective supervision of their Section throughout the days/times required including a replacement Steward if they are unable to attend on the day.
- Any Steward unable to attend is requested to notify the Secretary.
- Shall allocate and total points for all trophies in their Section prior to return of paperwork to the office.
- Shall return all paperwork to the office immediately after judging has been completed.
- Shall not allow any person to remove prize cards from exhibits before 4pm or to remove exhibits before 4.30pm, at which time the hall will be closed except to exhibitors.
- Stewards must check that all exhibits have a card attached to them.
- Stewards may by mutual arrangement change to another Section, and assist in other sections, but they must notify their respective Section leaders of their intention prior to judging and/or Show Day.
- Stewards must remain in their own Sections until all judging is completed.
SPECIAL NOTE TO STEWARDS: Please see that exhibitor’s FULL NAME is PRINTED clearly on prize cards.
POINTS ALLOCATION: 4 points for 1st Prize, 2 points for 2nd Prize. No points for Champions or Rosettes.